This easy curry lentil soup recipe comes courtesy of Noelle Martin at motherhoodandmeals.com
The lentils, veggies, and spices in this soup offer a power house of filling fibre and disease-fighting antioxidants! This curry lentil soup recipe is one of my favourites to make and is perfect for an easy lunch meal.
Curry Lentil Soup Recipe:
3 cups vegetable broth
3 cups water
2 cups dry red lentils
2 cups coconut milk
6 large tomatoes, diced
2 red bell peppers
2 green or yellow zucchini
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 red onion
3 Tbsp. avocado oil
3 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/2 Tbsp. sweet curry powder
1/2 Tbsp. turmeric powder
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic purée
- Wash all produce and set aside.
- Pour the broth, water, and lentils into a pot and bring to a boil on the stove top, then reduce to medium heat and cook for 10-15 additional minutes until the lentils have softened.
- Add in all other ingredients except for the coconut milk and let simmer on medium low heat for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the coconut milk, and blend in your food processor or high speed blender until smooth.
- Serve on its own or with your favourite cracker or crusty bread.
Have you tried our curry lentil soup recipe? Let us know how it turned out!