Don’t be put off by the colour, green smoothies are an excellent way to stay hydrated, aid digestion and increase your fruit and veg intake in one serving! And this simple green smoothie recipe is exactly the one you’ve been looking for.
To make this delish green smoothie, all you need is a blender, some leafy greens and some fruit. The key to making this taste great is keeping a ratio of 1:1 for your fruit and veg.
Simple Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of pineapple
- 1/2 cup of mango
- 1 banana, peeled
- Blend 1 cup of spinach, or other leafy greens of your choice, in a blender.
- Add 1 cup of water and blend well (until all the leafy chunks have been blended away).
- Toss in banana, mango and pineapple in the blender.
- Next, blend again until smooth and creamy.
- Serve smoothie immediately for maximum nourishment.
Not a fan of bananas? Try swapping it out for a ¼ avocado instead. Tell us what your favourite green smoothie recipe is in the comments below!